The Client is an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of a diversified international food, ingredient and retail group with global sales of $16.3 billion. In North America, they market, sell and manufacture a premier branded portfolio of cooking oils, spices and seasonings, baking ingredients and food service brands in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and Canada. It is the second leading manufacturer and marketer of spices and seasonings in North America.
The Client needed to improve the efficiency of their SAP environment by implementing Testing Automation and Optimization (TAO). It was determined that by automating the testing for all of the Client’s main transactions, a significant amount of manpower could be saved, and user experience and confidence would be improved. The Client also sought expertise and implementation of HP QC, BPT and QTP.
SAP TAO, HP
QC, BPT and
The following tasks were completed by Data-Core’s BASIS and Solution Manager sub-practice consultants to achieve the Client’s objective:
- Upgraded Solution Manager to SP23.
- Configured Solution Manager, HP Quality Center version 10, BPT, QTP 10 and SAP TAO 184.108.40.206.
- Transferred Blueprint from LiveModel to Solution Manager.
- Updated Blueprint and configuration in Solution Manager.
- Transferred Blueprint with transaction to HP QC for Testing.
- Performed scanning and scripting to test up to 50 transactions with HP QC, QTP and SAP TAO.
Configured Solution Manager, HP QC,
BPT and QTP
Data-Core also performed further services for this Client:
- End-to-end implementation of SAP Solution Manager functionalities relevant to landscape.
- Designing a comprehensive Testing Solution that performs end-to-end integration of SAP Solution Manager with HP QC and TAO.
- Maintaining project standards and coordinating test and solution maintenance from a project standpoint.
Continue to maintain project
standards & solution maintenance
Before working with Data-Core, the Client’s automated testing was non-existent. After implementing SAP TAO in the Client’s Manager System, the Client had automated complex test scripts for their three major processes. Typical testing time has been reduced by half and business users have gained greater confidence in the system.