The Client is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries with more than 162,000 employees and operating from 1,300 locations worldwide. The Client is also a global leader in the automobile industry. It supplies the industry with automotive seating, overhead Systems, interior electronics and door and instrument panels from more than 240 plants worldwide for at least 50 million cars per year.
The Client needed to implement a common Change Request Management process across their more than 240 plants and 1300 locations worldwide. They anticipated that it would allow them to better adhere to ITIL and SOX standards across the organization and result in significant labor savings.
Implemented CharRM process across 240+ plants and 1300+ locations worldwide
Better adherence to ITIL and SOX standards
The following tasks were performed by Data-Core BASIS and Solution Manager Consultants:
- Implemented ChaRM functionality
- Setup Retrofit Proof of Concept (POC) and documented roll out plans for production
- Impact of changing landscape (close cycle, change landscape TMS and Logical component, then activate ChaRM and open a new cycle)
- ChaRM customization of drop downs of fields in Urgent Correction, Normal Correction, Support Notification. Creation of ZLFN, ZDHF, ZDMJ and ZDCR.
- Service Delivery through Solution Manager (Issue Tracking, Message Processing, EoD, EW Health Check).
Implemented ChaRM functionality
Service Delivery through Solution Manager
The implementation of ChaRM in SAP Solution Manager transformed the Client’s process and better aligned it to ITIL and SOX standards. Within three months, the Client was able to go live with both the project and support landscapes, which included more than thirty systems and clients. The dual landscape with built-in cutover in STMS eliminated manual efforts and reduced the risks of missing transports and incorrect import sequences. These activities paved the way for faster retrieval of detailed reporting of transports, tasks and objects, saving the Client twenty percent in labor efforts.
Project went live within 3 months
20% Saved in labor effort