SAP Configuration Health Check, System Audit & S4 HANA Recommendation
Who is the Client?
The client is one of the largest Petrochemical companies in Saudi Arabia engaged in Polypropylene, Propylene and Naptha Production.
What was the client trying to achieve?
In view of the Vision 2030 drive in Saudia Arabia, the mandate for the company was to embrace Digitalization by 2025. The Digitalization Initiative was undertaken under the SAP Intelligent Enterprise Framework where the Digital Core would comprise of SAP S4 HANA. The company was already running on SAP ECC since 2007 and had been encountering problems regarding business adaptability and synchronization to the SAP system. The following objectives were envisaged:
- With a view to establish a single source of truth concept, the organization stakeholders and board members wanted to Audit and find out the existing problems and lacunas of the SAP ECC system before it could migrate to SAP S4 HANA environment.
- Keeping in mind the challenges faced by the SAP ECC system the organization was looking at recommendations and guidelines for implementing SAP S4 HANA.
SAP Configuration Health check-up Audit forms the base for SAP S4 HANA Migration
What challenges were encountered?
The challenge was to understand the anomalies faced by the business in using SAP ECC systems with regards to the following:
- Business Process Mapping
- SAP System Control
- SAP Scalability
- SAP Master Data Issues
- SAP Usage
- SAP Integration
What services did Data-Core provide?
To achieve a successful result from this audit campaign, Data-Core started with a SAP System Study and Documentation study leading to Business Process workshops with Business Process Owners to understand the client business and how SAP runs as a system. This was followed by Audit findings which underwent several iterations at different stakeholder levels namely, BPO level, GM Level, Executive Management Team Level, Audit Committee Level and Board Level. This was achieved by executing 114 workshops/meetings where the Audit results and S4 HANA Recommendations were presented. The scope included the SAP Business Suite and the Roles and Authorizations for the SAP system was revamped.
Key Lessons Learned
- Saudi Arabian Taxation and statutories
- Enterprise-wide efficiency and transparency compliance process
- Remote management of VAPT audit
- Petrochemicals Industry terminologies and business processes.
- Segregation of Duties (SoD) conflicts eradication process
- Audit Process through offshore