Retail Client fosters business success for local specialty retailers, and for their partner suppliers, by providing the tools, technologies, and know-how that help them effectively compete with large retail chains and online-only operations that do not share the same local commitments and
The Client was looking to build an Industry Data Exchange for the bicycle industry. The purpose of this solution was to organize and unite the fragmented industry with the technical capability to compete with large, sophisticated businesses in the market. The solution was to serve organizations committed to the specialty industry and the array of user requirements within each organization. This required the development of a technical solution that would meet all of the Client’s business requirements.
Developed on a cloud-based infrastructure
The following services were performed by Data-Core Systems to achieve the Client’s objectives:
- Implemented secure logins for each user
- Created customizable metrics dashboards for each user using Dundas BI
- Enabled business intelligence data mining
- Used Hadoop to handle unstructured and structured data
- Implemented ETL between local on premise data source to cloud-based Hive data storage using Sqoop
- Connected Hive to SQL Server data marts using SQL Server SSIS
- Built data marts using SQL Server SSAS
- Managed and monitored the HDInsight Linux cluster using Ambari
Structured and unstructured data
Implemented in 4 months
Data-Core was able to provide the Client with a Big Data and Business Intelligence solution that met all of their specific requirements. Using a combination of best-in-class tools, Data- Core was able to deliver this solution by an ambitious deadline.