SAP Ariba Strategic Sourcing Implementation
Who is the Client?
The client is one of the largest privately held companies in the United States. As a multinational business, it is involved in manufacturing, refining and distribution of petroleum, chemicals and other products.
What was the client trying to achieve?
Strategic sourcing provides the single greatest opportunity to impact the cost, quality, and performance of the supply chain. The client was seeking to implement SAP’s Ariba Strategic Sourcing Suite to enable integration of sourcing, contracting, supplier information and performance management. It supports a closed-loop, digital, and source-to-contract process for Direct & Indirect materials sourcing. SAP Ariba’s solution manages the entire source-to-contract cycle for all categories and integrates seamlessly with ERP and other systems.
Impacts the cost, quality & performance of the supply chain
What services did Data-Core provide?
- SLP (Supplier Lifecycle and Performance Management)
- Ariba Sourcing and Award Integration
- Ariba Contracts or CLID (Contract Line Item Document)
- Master Data Integration from SAP ECC and Custom ERP’s
Features Implemented as part of Strategic Sourcing Implementation
- A broad set of RFX types, including requests for information, requests for proposals, reverse auctions, and forward auctions
- Integrated supplier discovery
- Patented competitive bidding and timing options
- Sealed envelope bidding, Dutch auction, and total cost events
- Matrix and tiered pricing
- Bid optimization and decision support
- Team grading and collaborative scoring
- Conditional content, table questions, and event prerequisites
- Global, multilingual, and multicurrency support
- Integration to third-party systems using Web services and file channels
- Supplier registration and qualification process
- Award PO (Purchase Order) and OA (Outline Agreement) Integration
- CLID – Contract Line Item Document Integration
Data-Core’s services – implementing SAP Ariba Sourcing – enabled the company to drive fast, sustainable results by automating and streamlining critical tasks across the sourcing lifecycle, including:
- Strategy development – Identify savings opportunities, assess market dynamics, and develop an informed sourcing strategy
- Sourcing and negotiating – Identify and qualify suppliers, negotiate best-value agreements, derive optimal award allocations, drive project collaboration, and standardize processes and manage knowledge
- Monitoring and managing suppliers and agreements – Quickly implement supplier agreements, track and realize savings, and manage supplier performance