Software testing is a necessary function for anyone or any company that develops or maintains software. The whole point of software testing is to ensure that the software works as intended. Manual testers are often running against the clock, hence our post on automating this process. Testers can then focus their attention on areas of testing that cannot be automated.
If you have not switched from manual to automated testing, here’s why you should:
Accelerated results and reduced business expenses: Automated testing is an investment in the beginning, but quickly saves companies crucial time and money. Manual testing of all workflows, all fields and all negative scenarios is time and money consuming. Automated testing will increase the speed of test execution and test coverage. Tests are done as thoroughly and as quickly as possible.
- Earlier detection of defects: As a tester automates the testing process, more feedback is provided during development. This is another way the duration of testing gets cut down – issues are found more quickly, which enables the root cause to be discovered, and therefore the test cycle time is reduced.
Other reasons you should automate your testing:
- Better control of your business
- Higher overall test coverage
- Reusability of automated tests
- Faster time-to-market
- Information security
- Manual testing being prone to error
Automated Testing Rules
To implement automated testing, here are a few rules that testers should follow.
Decide what test cases to automate.
- Choose test cases that are business critical, repeatedly executed, very tedious, manually difficult and/or time-consuming.
Tests should be done early and often.
- Continuous testing is optimal.
- Select the right automated testing tool.
- Divide your automated testing efforts.
- Use quality test data.
- Create automated test results that are resistant to changes in the user interface (UI).
Why some companies have not automated their testing…but should.
Starting cost for the automation.
- This investment quickly pays for itself!
Skilled staff is needed, along with the knowledge of which tool matches the testing requirements.
- This is why many companies outsource their automated testing.
You cannot automate 100% of testing.
- Some areas of testing you simply cannot automate, such as user interface, documentation, installation, compatibility and recovery. This does not mean it’s not worth automating what you can. Performance, regression testing and load/stress testing are perfect candidates for automated testing. The goal of automated testing is to reduce the number of test cases to be run manually, not eradicate manual testing completely.
What’s next for automated testing?
A key trend in testing is to do it throughout the DevOps pipeline as a continuous process and then throughout the lifespan of the software. This is now doable with automated testing and is crucial in situations of continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD), with such things as IoT devices.
Then, AI Test Automation and Robotic Process Automation. To be continued…
Everything You Need to Know About Our Automated Testing Services
Your Software Testing Services Company
Optimize your test coverage while mitigating risk with Automated QA Software Testing
Data-Core Systems’ automated testing solutions start with designing a framework best suited for your project, and end with you saving time, money and effort with every test cycle. Most importantly, our automated testing process ensures your software quality assurance. We have a long history of software QA testing services, and our experience crosses many industries.
Data-Core has been at the forefront of automation testing from the beginning. Benefit from our experience in software QA services. We detect any issues with your software as quickly as possible with our software test automation.
Test-Ops (Automated Testing + DevOps)
Integrating Azure DevOps into Automated Testing is another leg up in the efforts to further automate a testing cycle. Azure Test Plans and Suites bring to the table an intuitive framework to plan, track and execute tests with actionable defects, full visibility, and end-to-end traceability. The major benefit is enabling all stakeholders to track and analyze the state of your product quality at every step of the development lifecycle with dashboards, KPI tracking, comments, defect analysis, results analysis, etc.
Reap the benefits of managing and orchestrating your tests in a planned and lucid way by adding DevOps to your testing framework.
Are you doing any Security & Vulnerability testing?
We have expertise in web vulnerability and automation of authentication/authorization testing using RPA.
Data-Core’s Automated Software Testing Services allow our clients to achieve:
- Accelerated results
- Increased comprehensiveness
- Reduced test cycle times
- Faster time-to-market
- Earlier detection of issues
- Decreased overall business expenses
- Significantly less manual test cases (which is prone to human error)
- Re-usability of automated tests
- Continuous testing throughout the lifespan of the software
- Improved ROI of testing efforts
Automated Quality Assurance Testing Services include, but not limited to:
- API Testing
- Webservice Testing
- Windows App Testing
- Web Application Testing
- Selenium platform for Retail Test Automation
- Software Performance Testing
- Load & Stress Testing
- Functional Testing Services
- Distributed Testing (remote available)
- Simulation Testing
- FTP Application Testing
- Database Server Performance Testing
- Testing Framework
- Testing in conjunction with DevOps Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipeline
- Windows Phone Operating System Testing (home button, notifications bar, toggles etc.)
- Windows Phone Application Testing
- Testing using object recognition (by image or object’s properties)
- Test result visualization